MacDermid Autotype has finished qualification of the new Roland RE series printer and is now offering turnkey film output systems based on this printer. Key features are the single high resolution head supporting eight channels, and the vertical ink cartridge configuration which eliminates ink starvation. As with all Quadra systems, RE-640 printers are configured for Quadra dye ink and microporous film and can be fitted with an optional motorized infrared take up system for unattended operation. RE printers are only available in 64” width.
Features & Benefits
- Produces high quality positive or negative films and simulated 4 color proofs using the same dots, screen ruling and angles as the films. Color proofing offers support for direct-to-screen devices needing proofs.
- Images screen rulings of up to 120 lpi at 1440 dpi with rapid output of line work or screens to 55 lpi at 720 dpi.
- Uni-directional and bi-directional modes and full control of head speed provide output speeds ranging from 26 to 83 square feet per hour.
- This is an all-inclusive system with front end hardware and software, printer, ink, media startup kit, installation, training, and full technical support.
- The speed of the system can be tailored to match job specific dpi and quality requirements for maximum productivity. Vertical ink system eliminates ink starvation.
- Scalable system for future growth, supports up to 4 printers.
- Print Film For Roland RE-640