Autotype Plus XL is a high performance direct emulsion with outstanding image reproduction qualities. It is resistant to both solvents and water, making it an excellent choice for the most extensive range of screen printing applications. Use it for fine line artwork and four color process work.
Features & Benefits
- Superior printed edge quality and resolution
- Resistant to a wide range of screen printing inks, including solvent based, water-based, UV-curable, plastisol and other textile inks
- Long run durability even in high humidity conditions
- Direct addition diazo allows faster mixing and eliminates one step from the emulsion mixing process
- Use for fine line artwork and four color process work.
- PLUS XL is particularly recommended for applications where rapid stencil production and wide processing latitude is required, along with good print durability, print quality, and easy removal after printing.
Exposure Time (minutes)*
Remove dust from the surface of the stencil and tape positive in position. Place entire screen in a suitable vacuum frame and expose. Use the Autotype Exposure Calculator to determine the optimum exposure for each mesh count used. The following is a rough guide to exposure time:
|2kw metal halide||120 cm|
|3kw metal halide||120 cm|
|5kw metal halide||120 cm|
|125w mercury vapor||50 cm|
|UV fluorescent tubes||10 cm|
*Based on 2+2 coating on 43/cm (110/inch) white monofilament polyester mesh.
For more information on exposure, see our How to Guide – Exposing PLUS emulsions