PLUS 8000 is a premium dual cure, high solids emulsion that is resistant to both water and solvent based inks. PLUS 8000 will give a slightly higher print quality than PLUS 7000.
Features & Benefits
- PLUS 8000 is designed to give the highest quality printing combined with the maximum durability.
- PLUS 8000 has a solids content of 38% and is highly resistant to the most aggressive solvent, UV curing and water based inks.
- It has a wide exposure latitude, is easily decoatable and uses direct addition diazo for maximum consistency of viscosity.
- When processed correctly on high tension mesh PLUS 8000 gives a very hard stencil, which is particularly recommended for applications where the very highest print durability and print quality is required.
- Reliability for long run printing with a wide range of solvent based, water based and co-solvent inks, the highest print quality from an emulsion.
- Resistance to a wide range of water, solvent and co-solvent inks makes PLUS 8000 a suitable direct photostencil for most screen printing applications.
- When processed correctly on high tension mesh PLUS 8000 gives a very hard stencil, which is particularly recommended for applications where the very highest print durability and print quality is required. N.B PLUS 8000 is not suitable for use on low tension, coarse mesh counts when high flexibility is required.
Exposure Time (minutes)*
Remove dust from the surface of the stencil and tape positive in position. Place entire screen in a suitable vacuum frame and expose. Use the Autotype Exposure Calculator to determine the optimum exposure for each mesh count used. The following is a rough guide to exposure time:
|2kw metal halide||120 cm|
|3kw metal halide||120 cm|
|5kw metal halide||120 cm|
|125w mercury vapor||50 cm|
|UV fluorescent tubes||10 cm|
|Thorn Graph X||120 cm|
*Based on 2+2 coating on 43/cm (110/inch) white monofilament polyester mesh.
For more information on exposure, see our How to Guide – Exposing PLUS emulsions