PLUS 7000 screen printing emulsion. This very high quality, medium/high solids emulsion is resistant to both water and solvent based inks so it can be used for a wide range of screen printing applications.
Features & Benefits
- Very high print quality, 34% solids. Deep blue/green color provides excellent contrast without compromising see-through.
- The diazo dual-cure photochemistry used provides exceptional resistance to solvent based, water based and UV curable inks.
- The good water resistance also means that PLUS 7000 can be used in areas of high humidity with no softening.
- Although universally resistant PLUS 7000 can also be decoated using Autostrip.
- Easy and forgiving to use, very good print definition, very tough, can be used with virtually any ink and can be decoated after printing.
- Resistance to a wide range of water, solvent and co-solvent inks makes PLUS 7000 a suitable direct photostencil for most screen printing applications.
- PLUS 7000 is particularly recommended for applications where good print durability, print quality and easy removal after printing is required, such as: containers, glass, posters, printed circuit boards, and self-adhesive decals.
Exposure Time (minutes)*
Remove dust from the surface of the stencil and tape positive in position. Place entire screen in a suitable vacuum frame and expose. Use the Autotype Exposure Calculator to determine the optimum exposure for each mesh count used. The following is a rough guide to exposure time:
|2kw metal halide||120 cm|
|3kw metal halide||120 cm|
|5kw metal halide||120 cm|
|125w mercury vapor||50 cm|
|UV fluorescent tubes||10 cm|
|Thorn Graph X||120 cm|
*Based on 2+2 coating on 43/cm (110/inch) white monofilament polyester mesh.
For more information on exposure, see our How to Guide – Exposing PLUS emulsions